Parent Essentials Lesson
Are you overwhelmed by all the information and advice on newborns? By combining different parenting philosophies and calming methods, this targeted lesson prepares you to handle parenthood like a pro. The Parent Essentials Lesson is designed for soon-to-be parents who need detailed information on infant care.
A private lesson is held in the comfort of your home, where you'll receive hands-on training for what to expect the first few months postpartum.
You'll gain safe and pertinent information on:
- Infant care, colic, sleep hygiene, feeding and babywearing safety
- Postpartum care and new parent issues
- Must-have clothing items and baby gear
- Diaper and feeding station(s) set-up
- Nursery and sleep station(s) set-up
- Crib, co-sleeping and/or bed sharing
- SIDS prevention
- How and when to start a routine, correcting day and night confusion, sleep/relaxation association
- Baby's circadian rhythm, must-haves for beneficial naps, sleep safety
I suggest you take this in-home birthing class between the weeks 34-38 of your pregnancy.
Bringing Baby Home
If you find yourself needing in-home help for your postpartum time, please consider reserving New Parent / Baby Care. Only 24 hours notice is necessary - support on-demand for when you need it most.
Rest assured your baby is in good hands while you recover from childbirth. Service includes simple meal prep, light housekeeping, sterilization of baby items, guidance with soothing techniques and good sleep hygiene, as well as diapering and bathing baby.